Monday, July 18, 2005


This park is right beside our flat on Bedford Place. The park looks out onto Kings Crossing Tube Station and there are always people out there laying down flowers and cards for the families and victims who have suffered the past couple of weeks. On this particular day I had been very upset about Popi back home and just wanted to take a walk, I walked over there and saw a mom laying beside her sons picture crying with her friends and family surrounding her. It was really hard to see, I cannot imagine what she and the other families are going through. There are poems, photos, and drawings from children placed around the flowers...if you take the time to read them they are very moving. As hard as it was to see this, I also felt better about my families situation. No death is easy to understand, but I noticed that day how lucky we all are.

No comments: